Hey, everyone! Here’s some news to brighten your dreary Monday!
1) Kyle has officially transferred ownership of Bytecraft to Amdod, though the desire is to view the server as a co-ownership venture of the Admins. Should any issues arise that are owner-related, they will fall to Amdod.
2) Yet another Administrator has been added to the Bytecraft ranks, this time with Yvvel. Some of you may know him as LonewolfX099 (his username until last February), but he’s been brought on to help Amdod and Miri with the technical side of things.
3) We hope to have a new map up and running within one month, and it should be very similar to the Bytecraft experience you’re familiar with. No major changes. We will try to replace a couple of plugins with vanilla functionality, as well as try to bring back some previously popular plugins that never made their way onto the previous map.
4) There are quite a few things to work out still, such as ranks, donations/rewards, website updating, etc., so we don’t have much specific detail on what changes you may see…yet.
5) In the meantime, we are moving away from Teamspeak and toward a new (and better, in our opinion) application called Discord. Several Bytecrafters, including each of your Admins, have already begun to use this neat service and we’d love for you all to join us, even if you’re not crazy about talking or even playing Minecraft/Bytecraft (I think everyone on Discord has been playing other games lately). It’s a great platform to communicate, keep in touch, and stay up to date on happenings. Discord is free and can be accessed via browser, desktop app, or mobile app. If you have any questions or want a Discord server invite, just get in touch with Amdod, Miri, or Yvvel, and we can help you out.
In a sort of closing, if you have any ideas for things you’d like to see implemented, suggestions for how to get people excited and involved, comments on how amazing Amdod is, thoughts on potential rule changes or website features, or maybe even concerns with all of the recent changes, feel free to let us know! We can’t promise to implement everything that we’re given, but it will be beneficial to help us be able to gain a deeper understanding of how to guide the server moving forward.
(Sorry for no picture…WordPress is being a pain with images right now)